Here are my current entries for Rima’s challenge. You can see the deatils of the challenge on her blog on this post. You can also see some other people’s entries in the posts after this one. here is the original image to work on. You can see more details on how to use Studio Artist on this post on my blog.
This painting is done in Studio Artist using warp translate and rotate tools quite a few times.
Peeking Through the Lilies, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
I then took “Peeking Through the Lilies” and used translate local to make the swirls to make these lilies dance.
Dancing with the Lilies, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
“Dancing with Lilies” was turned into this painting with with more translate local and some sphere2.
Whirling Lilies, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
More rotates and translates create this next painting.
Square Dancing Lilies, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
Then it became time to try a different method. I decided to move to Photoshop and see what to do there … I actually made “Night Light Lily” before I made this painting. This is an exclusion layer over the Night Light Lily. I copied the layer several times and the top layer is exclusion mode is on the top.
Lily at First Light, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
This is a luminous mode over “Night Light Lily.”
Lily at Dusk, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
Exclusion over saturation mode creates “First Blush Lily.”
First Blush Lily, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
Saturation mode creates this Night Light Lily. I made several more variations of this but got tired of prepping them for the web … so this was great fun!
Night Light Lily, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
I tried a whole bunch of filter in both Photoshop and Digital Studio and I don’t know how I got these next two paintings. So sorry … I didn’t follow the rules.
Lily in the Rain, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
This was tweaked quite a bit in Studio Artist.
Sun and Shade Lily, Digital Â© Diane Clancy
Thanks for letting me play!!
~ Diane Clancy
Technorati Tags: Studio Artist, Photoshop